Sunday 6 November 2011

Samhuin



Well its been quite the week and a half.  Last weekend was Halloween so we had a party at work for the kids.  This entailed 3 shopping trollies full of sweets.  
EMart Shopping
I'll take you to the candy shop
As it was Elliots birthday, we went back to 부산 for the 불꽃놀이 (fireflowerplay, or fireworks to you and I).  It was a lot busier, and drizzling, but still good fun.  Then back to 대구 for Halloween.  Due to lack of costume I got facepaint and vamp teeth.  Didn't realize the paint was actually paint.  It burnt a little as it dried, quite unpleasant.  Went to an amazing chocolate place the next day though. Then there was that horrible work week thing.  Those things in the middle of weekends.   Not sure why we put up with them.  (Actually, come Thursday which is payday I'll remember quite clearly why I do the 2-9:30.  Doesn't have the same ring to it as 9-5).



This Friday I cooked Thai red curry for Sophie, Julian and Mark.  Turned out surprisingly well considering I couldn't get all the ingredients I needed.  Herbs and spices are almost impossible to get, so I had to do a lot of substituting.  It tasted good though.  Saturday I went to Korean school and then Sophie had a 1st birthday party in 울산.  The kid picked out money so apparently he'll be rich, or a banker or suchlike.  


Ulsan Forest
We went to one of the Ulsan Scenic areas - a big pine forest near the beach.  Saw old men on little islands cut off from the sea fishing.  Also saw this rock which is meant to house the dragon soul of some old Korean King.  Would've taken a photo but 바터리 없다 (phone was dead).  Amateur planking ensued.   Had fish and chips for dinner, and a couple of drinks.  Went to this foreigner bar, which was empty so we had the run of the place.  Played some pool (lost really badly), turns out Julian knows which end of the stick to hold.  Then for Sophies friend the bar staff put on a big fire show, never seen anyone firebreathe with alcohol - they just grabbed bottles of spirits from the bar!

Students Drawing
Quiet day and night Sunday, watched a bit of V for Vendetta as it was Bonfire night.  Tried a new 막걸리 place.  Plan for today is to finish off the curry with Sophie for lunch, and then teach my 10 classes.
Before I forget, anyone I know with a smartphone go to this link and I'll give you my username.  Its essentially free texting and photos over the net.




No comments:

Post a Comment