Monday 30 April 2012

Lady Gaga and Seoul


Long time no see!  I do have an excellent excuse though - my parents came to Korea to visit me!  I met them at Incheon Airport and took them into town.  My first mistake was taking them to Kims Guesthouse (instead of Mr Kims).  Ended up one subway stop and in the wrong guesthouse.  Oops.


We had my parents first korean meal - ice noodles and spicy ramen - and then headed out to the Seoul Olympic Stadium for the Lady Gaga gig.  She was really really good, despite the stadium being huge (and so all the seats were quite far away).  Donned the kilt with my stepfather, which got me a lot of attention at the gig and in Itaewon.


Saturday we headed to the electronics market to buy Mom a new DSLR.  Managed to get one for nearly half the price it would've been in the UK (and the rents got an extra 35k back in tax from the airport).  Headed to Itaewon for food, and the Imperial War Museum nearby.  Next on the agenda was Myeongdong to hang out and have a coffee in a private room cafe.  Coffeabang I guess.




In the evening we went up Namsan Tower - got the cable car from near  Myeongdong.  Saturday nights are NOT the best time to go, ended up queueing for hours and hours.  Mark and I got ourselves and my parents love locks to put up on the top of the mountain.  It's kinda a korean couple thing.  They had a shop where you could use photos of yourself to create really creepy voodoo dolls.  One of the weirdest things I've seen here.


Sunday was Hongdae time!  Went and wandered around the market before visiting the dog cafe.  Saw a cute little puppy exactly the same as my grans - Simons gonna tell his mom that it was a choose your  own dog restaurant and we went for the cute little puppy as a starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment