Saturday 15 October 2011

Asian Song Festival

2011 Asian Song Festival


So went to the Asian Song Festival last night.  Amazing.


There were a pile of Korean acts, with a smattering from elsewhere in Asia.  
LeeSA played first, she got famous on youtube doing acoustic covers.  
Tiktok was enjoyable :-)
Lee Seung Gi sang too.  He's a little cutie - the women at my work love him.  There was so much screaming when he came on.
Bibi Chou was really good too.  Chinese woman with a great voice.  And one of the few singers who wasn't just doing bubblegum pop music.









So enjoyable until the sky opened and it began POURING it down.  I got a blanket which I'm going to keep as a souvenir.  By this time I'd had a bottle of 소주 so was feeling pretty merry despite the rain.  Went downtown after that.  I feel like I'm finally starting to find my way around this city, even whilst tipsy and at night (when every street is just a sea of neon).




Whilst waiting for the concert to begin I wandered around the World Cup Stadium area with Elliot and Jim.  Went to this free "Virtual Reality Sports Theme Park".  Virtual baseball, running, and a giant wall sized 앵그리버드 (Angry Birds) game.  So much fun.  I tried taking photos but my camera is dead.  I thought it was the batteries but bought new ones and its still dead.  I do have the one below however from that time I came third in the Daegu Games:
If you're wondering where Elliots legs are, he was wearing jeans and it was a bluescreen.





I'll leave you with a photo I took, and a link to the videos (which I'll put onto my youtube page).  People were given glowsticks, its difficult to see but the whole crowd was lit up with different colours.  Really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment